This online dictionary is based on the following lexicographical works:
- Black, Jeremy A., George, Andrew and Postgate, Nicholas (2000). A Concise Dictionary of Akkadian.
- Delizsch, Friedrich (1896). Assyrisches Handwörterbuch.
- Huehnergard, John (2000). A Grammar of Akkadian.
- Hameen-Anttila, Jaakko (2000). A Sketch of Neo-Assyrian Grammar.
- Marcus, David (1978). A Manual of Akkadian.
- Oppenheim, A. Leo, et al. Chicago Assyrian Dictionary.
- Parpola, Simo (2005). The Helsinki Neo-Assyrian Dictionary.
Alexander Hislop in his The Two Babylons (1858) claimed that the Old Norse mythical Nores were etymologically derived from a "Chaldean" word "Nor" which supposedly meant "child".
Words in Akkadian that relate to the English word "child."