Saturday, June 04, 2016

The Office of Prime, ELH p 108

Text:

THE OFFICE OF PRIME
Early Morning (ELH p. 108)
The Versicles and Gloria Patri
Make haste, O God, to deliver me.
Make haste to help me, O Lord.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost; as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, forevermore. Amen.
The Confession of Sin
Almighty God, heavenly Father: I have sinned against you through my own fault, in thought, word, and deed. For the sake of the suffering, death, and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, forgive me all my sin, and bring me to everlasting life. Amen.
The Hymn
The Psalm
The Chapter (1 Timothy 1:17)
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
or (Hebrews 1:1-2)
God, who at various times and in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His son.
or (Psalm 59:16)
I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble.
The Responsory
O Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy upon us.
O Lord Jesus, seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy upon us.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost.
O Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy upon us.
Arise, O Christ, and help us.
And deliver us for Your name's sake.
Our Father …
The Collect
O Lord Jesus Christ, bright Sun of the world: Shine upon my spirit and drive away the night of sin, that I may walk in Your holy light all my life and even forevermore. Amen
The Canticle
Come, Holy Spirit, and fill the hearts of Your faithful people and kindle in them the fire of Your love.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven.
Come, Holy Spirit, and fill the hearts of Your faithful people and kindle in them the fire of Your love.
Our help is in the name of the Lord:Who made heaven and earth.
Let us bless the Lord:
Thanks be to God.
The Lord Almighty order this day and all our doings in His peace. Amen.