Saturday, June 04, 2016

The Office of Compline, ELH p 128

Image:


Text
THE OFFICE OF COMPLINE
Close of Day (ELH p. 128)
The Versicles and Gloria Patri
The Lord Almighty grant us a quiet night and peace at the last. Amen.
Our help is in the name of the Lord:
Who made heaven and earth.
Restore us again, O God of our salvation.
And put away Your anger toward us.
Make haste, O God, to deliver me.

Make haste to help me, O Lord.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost; as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, forevermore. Amen.
The Confession of Sin
Almighty God, heavenly Father: I have sinned against you through my own fault, in thought, word, and deed. For the sake of the suffering, death, and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, forgive me all my sin, and bring me to everlasting life. Amen.
The Hymn
The Psalm
The Chapter (Jeremiah 14:9)
You, O LORD, are in our midst, and we are called by Your name; do not leave us!
or (1 Peter 5:8)
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
or (Matthew 11:28-29)
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
The Responsory
Into Your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
For You have redeemed me, O Lord, God of truth.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost.
Into Your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
Keep us, O Lord, as the apple of Your eye.Hide us under the shadow of Your wings.
Our Father …
O Lord, hear my prayer:
And let my cry come to You.
The Collect
O Lord, visit this dwelling, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let Your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace; and may Your blessing be upon us evermore; through Jesus Christ, our Lord.Amen
The Canticle
Preserve us, O Lord, while waking, and guard us while sleeping, that awake we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.Lord, now You let Your servant depart in peace, according to your word; for my eyes have seen Your Salvation which You have prepared before the face of all people, a Light to lighten the Gentiles, and the Glory of Your people Israel.
Preserve us, O Lord, while waking, and guard us while sleeping, that awake we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.
Let us bless the Lord:
Thanks be to God.
The almighty and most merciful Lord, the Father, the Son, and the Holy spirit bless and preserve us. Amen.